Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rarely in Sight

Not mine own fears, nor the prophetic soul

--first line of Sonnet 107,
William Shakespeare

I am seriously considering naming the raccoon who likes to sleep under the deck Shakespeare. Over the years, there have been a number of raccoon visitors, although I've rarely seen them because, after all, they are nocturnal. However, I have seen their muddy pawprints in the cats' water bowls hundreds of times. But I have seen the masked rascals in person a few times during the day, and they have not been sick, just looking for food. I find it amusing to catch them peering at me from behind the corner of a building.

I had hoped to post a photo of Shakespeare the raccoon, but my Kodak Easyshare software program is not responding today. Since I have spent more than enough time waiting for it, perhaps I'll post Shakespeare's photo another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment