Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Good-bye, Quentin

When I googled my blog yesterday, a cute photo of a short-tailed kitten popped up--that was my Quentin nearly twelve years ago. Quentin, who'd been misdiagnosed with saddle thrombus at the age of two, was epileptic. Fortunately, his seizures averaged less than one per year over the course of his lifetime. (He was not on any medication for epilepsy.) But at the end of his life, Quentin was diagnosed with diabetes, and, most unfortunately, insulin didn't work for him because of something unknown. I do know he did not have kidney failure, FIV, or feline leukemia. Quentin passed away on March 29th. I had dozed off watching television, and when I woke up, my beloved Quentin was gone. Despite all the curbside vet visits, not to mention numerous omens, I hoped he was going to make it, but deep down I feared the worst. My only consolation is that my cat is no longer suffering. Still, his death hit me hard, very hard. I miss him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment