Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Locksley, Featured Cat of the Month

The feral cat I named Locksley (because I wanted a name to go with Zorro) came here via "the cats' underground railroad passageway." If memory serves me correctly, I have already posted about that. Anyway, I had his ear tattooed instead of clipped, so that he could be recognized as a neutered feral cat. Little did I know at the time that Locksley would choose to become domesticated after he recovered indoors from his fan belt injury. The truth is that Locksley has no desire whatsoever to set his paws outdoors again, since he is very happy living inside a house, a warm home, where he is fed well (perhaps too well, since he could stand to lose a pound or so) and has plenty of companionship. It is probably better for me also that Locksley abandoned the feral life because I cannot afford expensive veterinary bills--and Locksley seems to have been quite accident-prone outdoors.

Locksley quickly went from appearing shy around the other cats to being bold and sassy--whatever it took for him to gain acceptance. I must say, watching Locksley's quick transformation into a lovable rascal was quite entertaining.