Thursday, September 2, 2010

365 Days

Ponzo, who was diagnosed FIV-positive, has been doing very well for 365 days now. I know this because I have been keeping a record; he gets two smiley faces on his calendar for each perfect day, so to speak. I used to also write down exactly what food he ate plus the supplements he received daily. Unfortunately, I have gotten very lazy, so I have only been writing down his supplements for the past few months. I do know, however, that Ponzo has been on the same dry catfood for the past 365 days. He has been eating Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets: Green Pea & Chicken Formula, Green Pea & Duck Formula, and Green Pea & Salmon Formula. Incidentally, Ponzo is the only one of my cats who really likes Natural Balance L.I.D. Cats tend to be finicky eaters, and so everybody seems to have his or her own food preference. Of course, Ponzo also gets fed homemade chicken soup and, occasionally, homemade catfood.