Sunday, September 5, 2010

An Invitation

Yesterday, Zorro extended an invitation for me to touch him, and I graciously accepted, touching his back very gently and quickly. This was the first time this has occurred, despite the fact that I have known the feral cat, who is the son of Pegasus, for several years. However, last month, either his tail brushed against my hand on purpose or I accidentally brushed my hand against his tail in passing, as I was picking up the cats' outdoor food dish. But the following day, when I extended my hand toward Zorro to see if he wished me to pet him, he declined my offer by lightly tapping the back of my hand with his paw. Out of respect to Zorro, who chooses his friends very carefully, I have never attempted to touch him, allowing him to be true to his own feral nature, and so I am honored by his friendly gesture.