Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Air Conditioning, or Lack Thereof

Before leaving for my appointments last Thursday, I noticed that my house seemed a little warm; so I lowered the thermostat. Returning home a couple of hours later, I noticed that it was cooler outside than inside my house. Making a long story short, we spent the hot, long holiday weekend without air conditioning. On the bright side, we breathed a lot of fresh air through all the open windows.

Apparently, many people around here seem to be having problems with their air conditioning, since we won't be seeing a repairman until this Friday. But between the open windows and the ceiling fans, we'll be okay, despite the heat. The only thing is, lights and open screened windows are not a good combination here at night, since there are assorted insects of all shapes and sizes on one side and cats on the other, literally on the screens. So amidst the disappointed looks, I insist on closing all the windows at bedtime, telling my feline family members, that we'll have to make do with just the ceiling fans. Personally speaking, I think it's tolerably comfortable, that is, if none of us are running around the house.