Thursday, June 3, 2010

Encore Presentations

Summer is upon us, since television shows have already gone into hiatus. Unfortunately, some favorite shows won't be found in the fall line-up. Such is life.

Eight months ago, I started watching The Bonnie Hunt Show. Now I find myself watching encore presentations because, much to my disappointment, the show was cancelled last month. Thus far, the encore presentations have been repeats of shows I've already seen. But that's the time I usually sit down with my second mug of coffee. I know I shall miss the show when it goes off the air completely.

As for the cats, I cannot say that they are particularly fond of talk shows, even the ones which have four-legged guests. My guys and gals like to watch movies which feature four-legged actors, who have starring roles, supporting roles, or just play extras. They seem to find action movies the most entertaining, as long as there are birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians, or mammals besides humans in them.

I have also noticed that rarely do two of my cats watch a movie at the same time. The last time that happened, Quentin started watching a movie with me; Emma joined us for the middle of the movie; and then Quentin left, leaving Emma to watch the ending with me. It's usually a private cat viewing, if you don't count me as an additional movie viewer. But I'm only human and I try not to talk, so that they can enjoy the movie in silence.