Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Day

Since it is Groundhog Day and I don't have a single groundhog photo, I am posting this photo of an opossum I accidentally ran into on my deck over a year ago. By the way, the opossum was drooling because he was trying to make himself look unappetizing, since he knew he was cornered. Anyway, I am amazed whenever I hear anyone call an opossum a rodent, especially since opossums like to eat mice. And some of them like catfood. Opossums are marsupials, and they get along with cats. This I know from observation. For example, I wish I had taken a photo of the little opossum who was friends with Ponzo and my neighbors' young black cat; one day the three of them playfully surrounded Godot, who was hiding under my car. That would've made an interesting photo, but the little opossum ran under the deck as soon as he heard my footsteps. Godot, of course, had been acting like a screaming banshee under the car. But the three friends really had been trying to be friendly with Godot, who wanted nothing to do with them at the time. That was probably back in early June of last year. Well, Happy Groundhog Day! We're expecting more snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment