Monday, February 1, 2010

Pancakes and Snow



Pancakes and snow--not necessarily in that order. I find that wintertime is conducive to baking, especially with yeast, which is why there is a kitchen towel covering a bowl in my fireplace photo. You see, last year I discovered that the fireplace is a great place for dough which needs to rise--and rise it does, quickly! So, I must always keep an eye on it, if I don't wish to end up with prematurely baked dough, thanks to the warmth of the fireplace. Anyway, I decided this past Saturday was a great day to make yeast pancakes, because it was snowing again; and before going outside to do some snow-walking, I needed to fortify myself against the bitter cold with some filling pancakes, a good comfort food, which Rebel looked forward to sharing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment