Thursday, September 3, 2009

Forgetfulness

"I've a grand memory for forgetting...."--Robert Louis Stevenson, Kidnapped

The beetle on my hydrangea has nothing to do with Stevenson's quotation. Please feel free to anthropomorphize and make up your own story.

I sometimes find amusement in life's little ironies, and that is why today I feel like writing about my most recent case of forgetfulness. I had been so busy haunting my mailbox for a credit card statement which never arrived that I totally forgot another bill, which had accidentally gotten buried under a stack of papers on my desk. That is, I remembered to phone the credit card company and pay my missing credit card bill on time, and yet I forgot to pay the bill I have had in my hands, so to speak, for the past couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment