Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Cat, a Woodpecker, and a Bear

What do a feral cat, a pileated woodpecker, and a black bear have in common? Their paths momentarily intersected in my yard this evening. All three were on separate missions to find food. The feral cat became a guest at Zorro's bowl, while the pileated woodpecker dined on ants inside one of my trees. As for the black bear, he merely walked through my yard without stopping. I should think about putting a bear crossing sign at the top of my driveway. Anyway, once again, I missed a black bear photo opportunity, because the bear had disappeared into the woods by the time I found my camera. I suppose I can console myself that, even if I'd been holding the camera in my hands at the time of the bear sighting, the bear would have turned out looking like a distant, small dark spot in my photo. Still, it would have been a bear photo. I am determined to get a photo of the black bear one of these days, months, years....

No comments:

Post a Comment