Thursday, October 1, 2009

Library Card

"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information upon it."--Dr. Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Aside from being the inspiration for this blog, Ponzo was the driving force behind my getting a library card. (Although my personal library contains a number of medical reference books pertaining to cat care, it was insufficient.) I was on a quest to read everything I possibly could about FIV, spider bites, etc. In the meantime, I re-discovered the joy of checking out books from the public library. Over the years, you see, I had developed the rather expensive habit of buying books, perhaps simply because I like to see them displayed on my bookshelves, where they are always readily available. And I must confess that it is a good thing my family does not charge me late fines for borrowing their books and DVDs, otherwise I would owe them a small fortune. My library card will keep me honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment