Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chicken Soup


The proverb "feed a cold and starve a fever" automatically reminds me of chicken soup. Although Ponzo did not have a cold, he did seem to have an ongoing fever throughout almost the entire month of July. Therefore, using fresh sprigs of parsley as the only herb, I decided to make homemade chicken soup for Ponzo. I soon learned that Ponzo likes homemade chicken broth, cream of chicken soup (that is, pureed without using any milk), regular chicken soup, pureed chicken in broth, and cooked chicken, in that order. In short, the more liquid the better. I freeze whatever chicken soup cannot be used within a few days. I also find it very convenient to freeze chicken broth in ice cube trays, so that I can serve chicken broth to Ponzo upon his request. Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment