Friday, August 28, 2009

A Dreary Day



This morning I was reminded that the end of August is the beginning of spider web season. When I stepped onto my deck, I saw numerous dome webs, which had sprung up overnight. They seem to have replaced the funnel webs, which are usually seen all over the deck at this time of year. Plus, there is a very large orb web which reminds me of "Charlotte's web." However, none of the webs' inhabitants are anywhere in sight at the present time on this dreary day.

It is also dreary inside the house, since Ponzo is having a bad day. That is, he had been doing great this entire month, until today. Ponzo usually runs to greet me every morning. Today, however, he merely verbally acknowledged my entrance into the room. He is now sleeping at my feet; he declined an invitation to sleep on my lap. Although he is eating and walking around normally, Ponzo appears listless. I fear he is taking a sudden turn for the worse. Unfortunately, I suppose this is to be expected with FIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment