Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Exercise

Godot says, "Exercise while you sleep. Just stretch."


When I watched Martha Stewart's television program this morning, I decided to try a few of the exercises that were being demonstrated. Since I do not own a samurai sword, I substituted a yardstick. As soon as I reached for it, Yoda's eyes got even bigger than they usually appear; it was obvious that my black cat saw the yardstick as a weapon, but he remained sitting on the floor near me, while observing my poor attempts to follow along with Martha and her guests. But Locksley jumped in. Literally. Locksley stood in front of me and kept jumping up, attempting to grab the yardstick whenever I brought it forward. Needless to say, I was facing forward the entire time, since I was watching the tv. Suddenly, I felt my pretend sword being grabbed from behind. I had to laugh, when I turned around and discovered that Mark Twain had decided to make this a group exercise by jumping onto the coffee table and catching the yardstick. I guess you had to be there, but it was very cute. Now that would have made an interesting video!

No comments:

Post a Comment