Monday, January 11, 2010

Rumor Negated on Facebook






"The report of my death was an exaggeration."

--MARK TWAIN



When I recently accepted an invitation to be a high school classmate's friend on Facebook, I decided to check out his home page, where I discovered that someone I had presumed dead for many years is, in fact, alive. I have no recollection of who told me the false rumor. I only know that, for at least a decade or two, it saddened me whenever I recalled that our classmate was no longer alive. You see, he and I had been fourth-grade buddies, because we sat next to each other, and my fondest memories of that class consist of joking with "S" whenever our teacher was distracted by the entrance of the other fourth-grade teacher from the neighboring classroom. Needless to say, rumors can be cruel, but it truly amazes me that people can start a rumor about someone's demise. Therefore, "S", should you ever stumble across this post, let me say that I was very happy to learn that the report of your death was also an exaggeration.

No comments:

Post a Comment