Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finally, It's Springtime!

First of all, Ponzo and I would like to thank Mark Twain for covering for us last month. We think he did a pretty good job selecting photos of himself for this blog. Okay, I'll admit it, I'm the one who liked all of Mark Twain's selected quotations, because Ponzo disagreed with two or three choices. But that's alright, since I find it practically impossible to get everyone to agree on everything all the time. Again, thank you, Mark Twain.

Finally, it's springtime! The crocuses have been blooming for a while. And some of our daffodils are beginning to bloom now. I have seen my first robin (second day of spring). The bleeding heart plants are growing like weeds. So then, why did a number of my flowerpots crack? Because our weather is deceptive, and we have been having cold spells, especially overnight. My mistake, I never should have taken my flowerpots outdoors so early, especially since I'd so carefully tended them indoors during the winter months. I did, however, manage to bring in the flowerpots containing growing plants. I was especially proud of myself to have brought in the beautiful valerian plant, which had been growing so nicely. Had been growing nicely outdoors, until it turned into Quentin's salad immediately upon being brought indoors, and now there is nothing left of the poor plant. I guess it must have been exceptionally tasty.

I was glad to see all the snow finally melt in March. But now I can see all the piles of raked leaves, which have turned into packed down leafy blobs that are uncooperative with the rake. Of course, there are also leaves which I never got around to raking before the first snowfall. Ugh! Raking leaves anytime of the year is bad enough, but worse in the springtime. I'm not really complaining, since it is good exercise. Yeah, right. I find it much easier to turn land over to nature, since I live surrounded by woods. Besides, I really do like the meadow effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment