Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ginny, Featured Cat of the Month

Two Aprils ago, I brought Ginny (Virginia, although she has never been called that) into the house. Ginny was pregnant at the time, and it appeared that she was looking around my deck for a spot to have her kittens. But we both soon realized that the deck would be an unsuitable place for Ginny to raise her family. Therefore, I decided to bring the feral cat inside the house. I wish I could have videotaped the evening that I lured Ginny into the cat carrier, because Mikey had witnessed everything. Along with her body language, Mikey's facial expression was priceless as Ginny went toward the can of catfood inside the cat carrier. It was apparent that Mikey was thinking, "It's a trap! Don't go into the cat carrier!" Had Ginny seen that Mikey was trying to warn her, I am certain she would not have gone into the carrier. Too late for warnings! I had Ginny inside my house within minutes.

Ginny hated being in the bathroom, where I had her sequestered for a number of days. I do not know what made me think that would be a good place for her to have her kittens. From the very beginning, Ginny knew it had been a bad decision on my part. Fortunately, I came to my senses before the birth of her kittens, and I moved Ginny into the room which now belongs to my assistant, Ponzo.

Ginny, the cat with the beautiful eyeliner eyes, had been my little girlfriend for nearly three years before I moved her inside the house. She was one of the feral kittens that Pegasus had brought into my yard, sometime in 2005, if memory serves me correctly. The kittens were part of a feral cat colony living elsewhere, but they would continue to come into my yard in search of food. Ginny was the friendliest; it took a while but, after a period of time, I was able to pet her. When she grew up, she started to come into my yard, at least two or three times a day, just to see me; I nicknamed her Ginny-Girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment