Friday, April 2, 2010

Mystery of the Easter Bunny Pin

Since it is spring and some of my bright yellow daffodils are in bloom, I am posting this photo instead of one which would be more appropriate for this post. My excuse is that I am too tired to find my camera at the moment. For that, I apologize.

My story begins yesterday morning, when I cannot find the garage door opener which I keep in my house. Naturally, I ransack my house, in addition to searching through all the pockets of the clothing I have worn this week. Nothing comes from my frantic search. So since I have found it to be true that one usually finds a misplaced object in the last place one looks, I look inside my car. But instead of finding my garage door opener when I rummage through my vehicle, I find the handpainted, handcrafted Easter bunny pin, which somebody gave me a couple of years ago. I am taken by surprise, since it is quite the mystery to me how the pin got inside my car. Anyway, I have given a lot of thought to the mysterious appearance of the pin; I suspect that over a year ago, it must have been on its way to Goodwill with a bag of other things, and then I must have changed my mind about giving it away. That is the only logical explanation. As for the garage door opener, I still have not found it. Fortunately, the hunting dog that used to visit my property no longer lives in the neighborhood, apparently; he had been known to steal small things which were lying around in people's yards. Now, if I did accidentally leave the garage door opener on my deck, I do have a suspect--our favorite raccoon visitor. Honestly, I think I just don't remember where I put the darn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment