Sunday, December 13, 2009

At Paw's Length

Rebel, Mark Twain, Locksley and I were lounging in front of the fireplace today, when I took this photo. Mark Twain adores Rebel, his best buddy, and here he is playfully keeping Rebel at paw's length. A little later, Locksley decided to wash Mark Twain's head and neck, and Mark Twain enjoyed being groomed. That was when I decided I wanted to videotape the two cats together. Well, things do not always turn out as planned, needless to say. By the time I got the camera, a happy Mark Twain was still being groomed by Locksley. However, just as I aimed the camera at the two cats, Rebel decided to jump up, and that motion disturbed Locksley, because he immediately stopped grooming Mark Twain. Not only that, he punched a stunned Mark Twain's face. But Mark Twain took the high road and, after he stopped reeling from the unexpected punch, he turned the other cheek. Literally. By the way, Locksley is our sassy cat. But Mark Twain held no grudge against him for the blow to his ego. A few minutes later, they were sleeping side by side.

If you would like to witness this punch, I am posting it on YouTube under the title Cat Punches Cat.mov.