Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Classics in Paperback

When I got up yesterday morning, I discovered that somebody had been reading the classics in paperback during the night. It appears that Nathaniel Hawthorne's The House of the Seven Gables had been considered, but Ivan Turgenev's Fathers and Sons was selected. That reminds me, I still have not read War and Peace, which is one of many books I have been meaning to read over the years. Perhaps I shall make that my new year's resolution. (But then, I have yet to keep a new year's resolution.) Anyway, this is the first time any of the cats have taken a book off the shelves. As for magazines and papers of any kind that get left on the desk, table, kitchen counter, or coffee table--one would think the cats' assistance in creating a paper mess would encourage me to keep organized. Think again.

No comments:

Post a Comment