Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jingle Bells

It started with the red bells. Except for the silk poinsettias in the dining room, they were going to be my only holiday decorations this year. I hung the bells on the outside front windows and door. The next day, I glanced at the bare fireplace wall--out came the wreath. The following day, I just had to hang up a couple of Christmas stockings, which meant the reindeer stocking holders were placed on the mantel first. There was something missing, though, so I put a large candle on the mantel in-between the two reindeer sans antlers. You see, over the years, the reindeer have been knocked down accidentally by me, not the cats, and the antlers have broken off. One by one. I have never been able to reattach them. Therefore, my reindeer are does. "Doe a deer, a female deer...." Never mind. And last but not least, I hung up the jingle bells in the bathroom. The rest of the ornaments are going to remain in the closet. I am not even going to take out the small artificial tree, which is already decorated and simply needs to be taken out of its box. Last year, little Charlotte chewed up the lights which, fortunately, had not been plugged in, but that is another story. No tree this year, even though the cats love Christmas trees. And so do I. Perhaps I shall post some photos of Christmases past, when we had two or three trees in the house. This holiday season, however, I am taking the path of least amount of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment