Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let It Snow

Due to the fact that they were calling for snow last night, I decided I had to get the rest of my holiday greeting cards in the mail posthaste. Unfortunately, I could find neither my holiday postage stamps nor my opened box of cards, even though I ransacked my house in an anxiety-ridden state. To say I hate misplacing things is an understatement. And perhaps one of these years I shall do something about getting organized--that has been my New Year's resolution for more years than I remember. I digress. Yesterday I had to open a new box of greeting cards, and some people will be receiving Christmas cards with either a flag or a Hawaii postage stamp on the envelope. I hope my friends will find it amusing to see the Hawaii stamp, since a surfer seems really out of seasonal place now because we are in the middle of a blizzard. Oh, I finally found my holiday stamps. Apparently, one of the cats (I suspect Mark Twain) must have accidentally knocked them behind the desk, which is the last place I looked for them. Naturally. As for the missing Christmas cards, I still have no idea what happened to them.

Since I suspected we were going to get snowed in this weekend, I decided I needed to buy a Christmas tree. That makes perfect sense to me. It is okay not to have a tree when there is no snow, but if I am going to be a resident of a Winter Wonderland, then I must have a tree. There is nothing better than decorating a tree by the fire when there is snow falling outside. Besides, I wanted the live Serbian Spruce I purchased last December to have a companion. Making a long story short, Rebel, dressed in his Santa hoodie, and I braved the traffic in town yesterday evening and came home with a Christmas tree, which I leaned against the window in the photo. And as you can see, Mark Twain found it fascinating. It will be much more fascinating when the tree comes indoors for a while. That's right, the tree is still outdoors. I was too tired to do anything but sit by the fire and look out the window at the snow today. Nevertheless, it is a Winter Wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment