Thursday, December 24, 2009

Waiting for Our Mailma'am

Monday through Saturday, Rebel waits to see our mailma'am drive by. In fact, the mail carrier has told me that my dog has two different barks for her: one when she drives up the mountain and another bark for her return trip. I have noticed that Rebel knows the sound of her car, since he starts getting excited long before the vehicle is visible. Anyway, both Rebel and I were overjoyed to see our mail carrier pull into our driveway yesterday. She came bearing the last of Santa's packages, and I merrily informed her that her arrival signalled the end of my snow shovelling. That is, for this snow. I threw down the snow shovel with great pleasure, as I took three packages from her arms. The rest of my driveway will just have to wait for the sun or the spring thaw to help us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment