Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

It is New Year's Eve, a time of reflection and the making of New Year's resolutions. A time for taking inventory of one's successes and failures. So-called successes and failures for those who measure things strictly in monetary worth. I have nothing to show in either category, since I remained pretty much status quo in 2009. Spiralling downward financially as I made small strides spiritually, as I have done for the past few years. Personally speaking, my greatest success was in nursing a feral cat, Ponzo, back to health, so to speak. My greatest failure, pertinent to my own little world, was in my lack of organization, because my house remains disorganized, despite all the previous years' resolutions to get organized--I write of paper clutter! Therefore, my New Year's resolution is to never again make another resolution to get organized. It will get done when it gets done--if I feel like it. I would rather reflect and give thanks for my family, which includes my cats and Rebel, and friends, who mean the world to me. And I would also like to thank my followers and the Google spiders who keep my blog listed on the Google search engine. Oh, I am suddenly seized with the desire to make another New Year's resolution--I hope to at least double the number of public followers on my blog in 2010, and since I have only two registered, public followers at the time of this writing, I hope to have a minimum of four by 2011. Now here is a New Year's resolution I can live with--I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment